Has a colleague announced resigning or moving from one company to another? Are you wondering what to say when someone is leaving the company? This article has comprehensively covered farewell messages to use in such moments. Read on to get equipped on the messages.
Saying goodbye is not always easy, more so if you enjoyed working in a particular company. The struggle of getting the precise words to inspire an individual as well as wishing them well in their new journey is essential. Outlined below are farewell message samples that can be sent to coworkers leaving the company.
READ ALSO:Best appreciation messages for every occasion
Funny farewell messages
The following is a list of farewell messages to colleague leaving the company:
- Are you going away because of the layoff notice you heard will be out soon? But wait, youâre not included in the list of mediocre staff that weâre weeding out soon. Anyway, the only thing weâre going to miss is gossiping together. I wish you good luck and success!
- You must be careful at your new place! Just remember not to do something stupid that will make you end up back hereâlike what we did at the last Christmas party. I wonât be there to have your back at the next place, so keep your eyes peeled. Wishing you all the best!
- I still donât understand why you decided to leave the company. Do you think you can have tons of fun in your new office without us? Okay, letâs see who is going to miss what.
- Great to hear that youâre going away. I canât wait to hear that you have been crowned as the âgossip queenâ at the workplace. Goodbye!
- How long do you think it’ll take before I accidentally fling Cheerios and paperclips into the next cubicle, thinking that you’re still there?
- Dear [insert coworker’s name], I wish I could stay with you here, but since I couldnât, I decided to write you this short note to bid farewell. The only thing Iâll miss about you is the latest gossip involving whatâs going on in the office.
- Second only to deciding to be my friend, moving on up is the best choice you’ve ever made, your old dog! Let’s get beers soon and celebrate this big change.
- You leaving is that absolute worst. How am I supposed to find another person who is as wonderful to work with as you? You raised the bar too high!
- Clearly the reason that Iâm leaving is so that I don’t hinder the chances of those who are due for promotion. But youâre aware of the fact that if I stay, the management canât leave me to promote average coworker like you. Step your game up, and take my job! Goodbye, mate!
- Youâre moving away; this office is going nowhere. However, if you need someone to help proofread your work, donât hesitate to get in touch with us. Hereâs wishing you the best of goodbyes!
- TAKE ME WITH YOU!
- How much more money are they giving you? Write that number down. Double it. Throw the paper away. I don’t have that kind of money, but I can bribe you with brownies, my delightful smile, jokes and my friendship. Reconsider staying!
- Now that youâve decided to leave the company, the rest of us won’t have to pretend to work so hard! We can all chill and relax. Your departure will translate into more money, better job satisfaction, improved job performance, and increased productivity for us. Good luck!
- You must have included gossiping as one of your hobbies on your CV to land you a new job. Goodbye, and best of luck in your new endeavor!
READ ALSO: Best sorry messages for him or her
Farewell messages to colleague
Saying goodbye to coworkers is now easier by using the messages below:
- Iâve learned a lot working with you these past years. I know you’ll be successful in your new position. Thank you and farewell, friend!
- I just wanted to take this moment to let you know how interesting it was working with someone like you and to say goodbye. It has been an honour working with a wonderful colleague like you these past years. Thank you for your help and kindness. I wish you the best of luck and continued success wherever you may find yourself.
- Take care of yourself in your new job. I wish I could be your coworker there too! The people you’re going to work with are in for a real treat. Goodbye, and keep in touch!
- Iâm seriously going to miss you here. Best of luck in your new endeavor. See you soon!
- You may no longer be my coworker, but youâll continue to be my friend. Good luck at your new job!
- While you might no longer work here, letâs keep working on our friendship. Iâd love to stay in contact with you.
- Having the privilege of working with you has been the highlight of my time here. Best of luck in your new position!
- It didn’t take long for me to see you as my friend, rather than my colleague. I’m lucky to have worked with you, and I’ll miss you. Let’s keep in touch.
- You’ve been so dependable, supportive, encouraging, and honest during your time here. Your new place is incredibly lucky to have you. Keep doing great things.
- Iâll miss you and think of you. Thank you for the good times and sweet memories that we shared together.
- I’ve really enjoyed working with you. Good luck at your new job.
- Good colleagues are the kind of people you can rely on, generally get along with, share a joke or two, and ask for help. You’re definitely all of these things. I’m sure your new coworkers will think the same about you as well.
- We wish you boundless success wherever you go!
- While it pains me to bid you farewell as you start a new phase of your career, I sincerely wish you continued success in all your future endeavors.
- Let me take this moment to acknowledge the deep gratitude I have for your many kindnesses and unwavering support during all of the years that I worked with you. I wish you all the best. Goodbye!
- This is such an exciting opportunity for you, but, we still canât believe youâre leaving. Please keep in touch!
- Thank you for all the support and goodwill you have shown to me over the years. The sweet memories of working with a coworker like you will be hard to forget. Farewell, mate!
- Dear officemate, you are an exceptional staff member dedicated to promoting excellence and making the workplace a fun place to be. We will definitely miss you, and we hope you will keep in touch with us from time to time.
- Thanks a lot for all your support and encouragement. You are the best colleague I have ever met. Bye, and keep in touch!
- I will miss my colleague and best friend, but the sweet memories we shared together will stay in my heart forever. You are the best staff I have ever worked with. Bye!
- Wishing you the best in this next phase of your career. Congratulations, and best of luck!
- Working in this office without you will be so boring. Weâll miss having a wonderful colleague like you. Good luck in your future endeavors!
- I hope that your new place is full of fun and happiness. Take care, and wishing you all the best.
- Our teamwork hasn’t been the same since you left the office. Weâre really missing your valuable contributions.
- Youâve been a friend, colleague, and mentor whom I have treasured so much. However, you’re bound for bigger and better things. Goodbye mate!
READ ALSO: Best success card messages for exams
- Having fun and being happy here won’t be as easy without a wonderful person like you around. The whole workplace will miss you. Goodbye, and all the best!
- Thanks for training me. Iâll do my best to make sure I uphold the work ethic and commitment that you’re known for. Thanks for the motivation and for the on-the-job training I have received from you! Goodbye, mate!
- Every once in a while, you meet a person that you instantly click with. You’re definitely one of those people for me. I’m so happy that we got to spend the time we did together. Enjoy your new position!
- Your decision-making skills are an asset that have always inspired me to be like you. I appreciate all your words of encouragement and everything I have learned from you. Farewell, sir!
- I hope the next place that you work will rival the joy that youâve had working here.
READ ALSO: Sweet happy birthday mom messages and quotes
Farewell message to boss
Use the goodbye message for leaving company to your boss outlined below:
- Under your guidance, I learned more than I could have ever expected! Thanks to you, I’ve gotten this amazing new opportunity. Thank you for setting me up for success. Best of luck in the next stage of your career.
- [Insert boss’s name], thank you for your kindness, patience, and advice. I’ve grown so much since I started working here. Good luck at your new job!
- Not only have I enjoyed working with you, I have also gained a lot of experience and now know how a well-functioning department should be run. My time with you has prepared me for the position that you’re vacating.
- You can definitely look forward to new opportunities on the path ahead. Farewell, boss!
- Youâve been an inspiration to all of us, and we’ve enjoyed working with you. We wish you success wherever you go. Farewell, boss!
- It has been a pleasure working with a boss like you. Thank you for making the workplace a fun place to be. I hope for your success in your new role. Good luck, and farewell.
- Thank you so much for everything youâve done for me. Youâre a wonderful boss. Itâs so sad to hear that youâre leaving. Iâll never forget you. Farewell, boss, and I hope to see you again soon.
- The most difficult and trying part of you leaving will be adjusting to a new boss who likely won’t be half the leader that you are.
- If I was asked to describe what kind of boss you’ve been, words like encouraging, kind, patient, inspiring, influential, helpful, and a slew of other wonderful adjectives come easily to mind. Your new coworkers are gaining a truly magnificent leader.
- On one hand I feel happy that I no longer have to listen to your angry rants, but on the other the thought of having a new boss makes me wet my pants. Farewell.
- Other bosses give orders, you gave us direction. Other bosses give targets, you gave us a vision. Other bosses lead by authority, you have always led us by respect. Farewell to a boss like no other.
- Your farewell marks the end of the glory days that our team has seen. Because you are the best boss there could ever have been. Goodbye.
- The biggest laurels on the mantelpiece of your life will be the respect, love and affection of all your colleagues. Farewell.
- Success and failure are a part and parcel of everyday work lifeâs highs and lows. But the memories of working with an inspirational boss like you will never go. Farewell.
- Farewell to a boss who used his authority to catapult us towards success, not subdue us under hierarchy.
- This company has been my pottery wheel, you have been the potter and I have been a pot in the making. Farewell, to the boss who has shaped my career.
READ ALSO: Sweet Love Messages for Him and Her
Goodbye message to co-workers
The following comprises farewell note to coworker:
- Youâve made my experience here beyond enjoyable. I got to have a great time with you and learn some new skills. However, it’s time for us to part ways, as I start a new phase of my career. I would like to say thank you to each and every one of you, and farewell to you all. I hope we meet again soon.
- I have enjoyed my time here, and I appreciate having been given the opportunity to work with you. Thank you for the support, guidance, and encouragement that you have provided for me during my time as the [name your position] of this company. Even though Iâll miss my colleagues and this wonderful company, Iâm looking forward to this new role and to start a new phase of my career. Goodbye!
- I’ve had a tremendous time working here and want to thank each and every one of you for your encouragement and support.
- While working here has been one of the more rewarding experiences of my life, it’s time for me to retire. If you’d like to get in contact with here, I can be reached here: [insert contact info]. I’m off to enjoy not working!
- I have a lot of mixed feelings about writing to you all today. One the one hand, I’m very sad to leave this amazing company. Being your [insert job position] has been a truly profound experience. However, another job opportunity has come up that I simply can’t afford to have pass me by. It’s been wonderful working with you all. Stay in touch!
- I’m thankful for the time that I’ve had working here. I’m off to bigger and better things. Farewell!
READ ALSO: 15 powerful quotes that should be every Kenyan’s motto
Goodbye and good luck messages
The outlined are farewell messages to colleague leaving the company:
- As you embark upon a new path, let us wish you many moments of happiness success and achievements. May in each moment you live your dreams.
- Even when you are saying a goodbye make a promise to say hello again.
- I wanted to wish you goodbye and good luck as you start your next step in life. May your new move make you as happy as being around you has made me.
- I wanted to wish you the best of luck in the future. Please stay in touch and let me know where all of your adventures take you.
- It will never be the same without you.
- Enjoy your new freedom, but donât forget about me! Stay in touch!
- It was good to have known you.
- Friends are forever but sometimes it is important to part for making the bonds stronger. So, letâs say goodbye for now.
- Go ahead, enjoy your new job. Friends are (anyway) forever.
- I had come to rely on your ârandom wisdomâ. Would miss that terribly do well.â
- I know that quitting this job has been one of the best decisions of your life but it has had the worst impact on your colleagues. We are set to lose a terrific comrade. Farewell buddy.
- I know that you are going to get an awesome salary in your new job but there is no guarantee that you will get awesome colleagues like us too. Farewell.
- I would envy you for your new job, but right now I am just shocked and sad to know that you are leaving. Farewell to the colleague to made team meetings meaningful and lunch breaks awesome.
- In the journey of life, you meet several people who are hard to forget. I am glad to meet a person like you. Hope the path ahead is smooth for you and you reach your goal without a fuss. Farewell my dear.
- Irritation of miles of commute was undone by your one smile. Do well.
- It has been an enriching experience to work with someone like you. You will remain my best colleague ever.
- Itâs time to move on to conquer new battles and scale new heights but we wish that you donât forget the old friends who have loved you always.
- Keep us informed about your welfare. Farewell, my friend weâll miss you.
- May be tomorrow will be a new day without you, but your teachings would always guide us.
- Morning classes, college bunks midnight studies, late night drives through thick and thin always together but now itâs time to part from each other. But itâs not the final goodbye, see you sooner.
- Not always do you find a friend in a colleague. But here I was lucky. Hope we retain this friendship even after you have moved out. Bidding you goodbye with the hope to meet you sooner.
- Now and always I will love you but itâs time that we part and say goodbye.
- Parting has a bitter sweetness. Bitter for the present separation and sweet for the future longing. Hope this farewell is for a short period.
READ ALSO:Sorry Messages for Your Girlfriend
- Remember me with a smile that warms a heart. Remember me for the miles we walked together and got lost to find new paths. Always remember me for the good.
- Saying goodbye is the hardest part of a relationship but sometimes it is the best thing that can happen.
- Thank you for all the loving memories, wishes and supports. Those are the assets of my life.
- Thanks for all those times when you helped me in the tasks I wasnât able to do on time. It will be difficult to fill the void created by your absence here. I am really going to miss you. Best of luck.
- I am so sorry to see you go. It has been amazing getting to work with youâyour new co-workers will be so lucky.
- Thank you for all of your contributions and support. I will always remember you.
- I really appreciate all of those times that you managed to bring a smile to my face. I bid you farewell and lots of love. May the future hold all of your dreams.
- May luck follow you wherever you go. May you always achieve your dreams as you walk through life.
- I wish that you could stay a bit longer, but I know that you have to leave. I wish you farewell and good luck.
- We have had a ball laughing with you and getting to know you. Keep on truckingâwe know that you will be able to accomplish everything that you set out to do.
- Let the best of the past become the worst moments of your future.
- Thank you for everythingâI am so glad that I had a chance to meet you.
- When you cannot drink with us, at least drink to us.
- We have had so many happy memories that it is hard to watch them go. Good luck to you and have an amazing life.
- Saying farewell is never easy, especially when your presence adds so much meaning.
- Goodbye! Best of luck in all that you do!
- May life bring you everything that you have wished for.
- Though I hate to see you go, I will always try to keep in touch. Goodbye and good luck!
- The hardest thing to do is to say goodbye but at least it has a âgoodâ attached to it that promises a better tomorrow.
- The tiring office hours seemed much more relaxed when you were around. You will be missed with every passing day. But let that not take you down. All the best for your future endeavors.
- The truest feelings for one are known when you are bidding adieu to them.
- Today our team is going to lose its sense of humor and its heart beat. Farewell to the guy who made everyday seem like Sunday with his jokes and enthusiasm.
- We really believe leaving this company is the first big step into a great future for you. We wish you lots of success.
- Wish you a smooth sailing ahead and a path full of joy May all your dreams come true in the future.
- You deserve to reach your destination without a detour. And you are on the right path. May this momentary farewell not sadden you up.
- You have always let your work speak for you. Let your honesty answer.
- You have been kind and generous you have been wise and witty.
- You were a big win for the entire department. We will miss you for personal and working reasons.
- Your suggestions averted disasters. You are leaving behind a lot of lessons to practice. Thanks, you were incredible.
Now you know how to say goodbye to a coworker using the farewell messages outlined in this post. Saying goodbye can be painful but showing some gratitude and respect for supporting you at work is essential. Say goodbye in style!
Subscribe to watch new videos